Afasic Cymru works to positively influence and respond to key developments in public policy to ensure that it meets the needs of children and young people with speech, language and communication needs, and their families.
We work with:
- parents, children and young people
- our members and advisory board
- national and local government
- researchers and practitioners
- other voluntary organisations
Cymru wants to make sure that views that support the interests of children and young people with speech, language and communication needs are heard and understood and that these views inform local policy and practice.
We seek to influence and develop policy by:
- identifying and providing information
- raising awareness and understanding
- encouraging participation
- building supportive networks
- promoting implementation of best practice to ensure positive outcomes
- responding to consultations from the Welsh Government
Find out more about our work
Contact Zein Pereira, Afasic Cymru Information Officer for further information.
Afasic Cymru is keen to develop and support a range of ways that parents can participate and get involved. By getting involved, parents can influence policy and the delivery of services to children and young people with speech, language and communication needs. Find out more >