Afasic UK helpline – 0300 666 9410
Are you worried that your child:
– Doesn’t seem to be talking
– Isn’t getting enough help
– Just seems to be falling further and further behind
Do you feel:
– Nobody is taking your concerns seriously
– You can’t get satisfactory answers to your questions
– There doesn’t seem to be any way forward
Then contact the Afasic Helpline straight away.
Contacting the Helpline
By phone: Call the Helpline on 0300 666 9410 during our opening hours:
Monday to Friday
10.30am – 2.30pm
By email: If you can’t call during Helpline hours, you can use our online enquiry form to ask questions and get advice. Please complete the online enquiry form
By post or fax: Please use the main Afasic address or fax number on our Contact page
What can we help with?
We are the experts on getting the right help for children and young people with SLCN and all related queries. In particular, we can give information about:
- Speech, language and communication difficulties – the various types, how to identify them and how they affect children and young people
- How to get a diagnosis and why you might need one
- Speech and language therapy
- How schools can and should help
- Choosing the right school for your child
- The statutory assessment process, statements and your legal rights to help for your child
- Disability related Benefits
- Any other relevant issue
We also offer a ‘listening ear’ if you just want to talk to someone who understands.
No query is too small or too silly. If you are worried or even just want to check there’s nothing else you need to know or do, please get in touch.
Remember, make the Afasic helpline your first not your last resort.